Monday, August 11, 2008

Chimp vs. Grizzly Bear

On to our next contest! Let's try to bang this one out before I leave for Albany on Wednesday. We have a grizzly bear vs. a chimpanzee. The venue for this one will be a Sea World pool! Oooooh, that makes this a little bit questionable. I don't know if I have ever seen a chimp swim, but I know the grizzly bear is a fine swimmer. Unless someone shows me evidence of a swimming chimpanzee, my vote is with the bear.

UPDATE: Poll up on the right --->

6 comments:

kevthegreat said...

My thought process here is that, if a chimp can swim well, he could use his long limbs to dunk the bear underwater and drown him. But if the monkey is just going to be flailing around in the water, he's lunch.

Scholander said...

I'm sure a chimp has the ability to swim just as well as a grizzly. However, I doubt a chimp could either push or pull the grizzly under. The bear has way more fat stores, since it hibernates, so it will be far, far more buoyant than a chimp. Grizzly is the biggest, baddest bear around. One swing of the paw and the chimp is gonna get clocked, probably be unconscious, and the bear will eat its tiny little head.

Grizzly Bear wins.

Oh, and fix your title. Chimps aren't monkeys. Monkey with a knife is a monkey

Scholander said...

Also, can you fill in the ladders as we play, or do you have to do it all at once? Just curious...

Scholander said...

Apparently, chimps are not good swimmers, though some may be individually talented.

Link!

Mikey OOO said...

This is BEARLY a contest. Take the Grizzly, hands down

phishbone23 said...

The chimp won't be able to BEAR it....

Subscribe!!!!