Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Movie Reveiw

Every weekend I watch at least one movie, so it occurs to me maybe I should use the blog to review and recommend those films for all of you. Might as well give it a shot, eh? Anyways, this weekend I watched the film Mongol. It is a fairly new release and I had wanted to see it when it was out in theaters, but never found the motivation to find where it was playing and go see it. I'm kind of glad I didn't. Anyways, this film follows Ghengis Khan through his childhood to him uniting the Mongols. It was a very beatifully filmed movie, but totally didn't do it for me. 

The film was fairly slow moving, but it is easy to deal with, since it was a beautiful film. It's best quality, I think, was the time it took to show the beauty of the scenery the film took place in. My main problem with the film was that everything about it was ridiculously unrealistic. It had a spiritualist message that it constantly hit you over the head with, which really annoyed the hell out of me, and the battle sequences played more like a martial arts film then a non-fiction drama. Look, this wasn't a bad movie, and is worth watching, but these were just the little things that annoy me about it. So, I guess I would recommend this movie, but don't expect anything all that original or spectacular. It is a very pretty film, though, so get it on Blu-Ray if you have one and watch it on a big screen. 

So, what do y'all think? Should this be a regular thing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a good idea would be me eating your liver.

Scholander said...

Sure, reviews are cool. I might get into that game as well. I've had Pan's Labyrinth sitting on the DVD player unwatched for over a month now. Time to watch a movie, maybe.

Making movies about zombies fighting crocodiles is better, though.

kevthegreat said...

I really don't know how I'm gonna work that...

phishbone23 said...

Yeah, I'll chime in on that too....Netflix is a hell of drug.

Subscribe!!!!