Sunday, February 24, 2008

The elephant in the room

So, I am a bit huge fan of movies and commonly post on them. You might be wondering why I haven't mentioned the Oscars at all over these last few days. Well, I really don't give a fuck about them. They are almost unbearable to watch and it really doesn't matter to me who wins or not. I mean, Crash winning best picture? Really? Rocky wining over Taxi Driver? Awards are useless. Who really gives a fuck? People complain that they only nominate obscure art films for awards. I complain that they have a tendency to be swayed by popularity when picking winners. Million Dollar Baby? It was a pretty good movie, but I don't see how anyone could say it was the best one they saw that year. This post has just turned into another bitch session. Sorry about that. Anyways, I'm not watching the Oscars, but feel free to discuss them in this thread.

No comments:

Subscribe!!!!