Sunday, September 16, 2007

A positive post?

I figure since I've been watching a lot of movies lately (I have no social life down here, but I'm kind of digging it) I might as well recommend the good ones, rather than just bitching about Pirates of the Caribbean. So, this weekend I watched two movies: The Big Sleep and The Killing Fields.

The Killing Fields was an ok movie, that is definitely watchable. It's based on a true story about an American reporter and his interpreter/guide in Cambodia during the Vietnam war. I found it a bit disjointed and muddled at times, and to tell you the truth, Sam Waterson's beard really annoyed the shit out of me throughout the whole film. Trim that thing, damn it! And why is it so damn dark? That can't be natural! It's like his beard hair is so dense and disheveled that no light is able to escape. It's a watchable movie, though, especially for Haing S. Ngor's Oscar winning performance.

The Big Sleep was a absolutely wonderful movie. It stars Bogart as a private eye (of course) who gets mixed up in a blackmail scheme and a hard-boiled dame (Lauren Bacall). The film actually has quite a bit of humor that is surprisingly dark, and some of the greatest dialog ever, in my opinion. It is really a great movie that you should watch. Follow it up with The Maltese Falcon and then watch Brick and you will appreciate that film immensely. I can't help but smile thinking about it. Great movies just make me so damn happy sometimes.

Anyways, with all my bitching, I felt I needed a fairly positive post like this. Hope you enjoy it, because there will be much more for me to rant about in the future. Hope y'all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Subscribe!!!!