Monday, July 23, 2007

ARGH!!!!

I've been trying to watch the presidential debates this year, I really have. I'm trying to watch the Youtube/CNN debate tonight, I really am. And let me tell you, these aren't fucking debates!!!! It's just reading from a script, the questions don't even matter. Occasionally you get the crazy candidate who will never get elected call out one of the others, but any debate that could follow gets quickly squashed by the moderator. Let them debate! Screw having any kind of structure. Invite all the candidates to one place and let them go at it. Or maybe actually ask follow up questions when the candidate completely avoids answering the original. Politics are ridiculous in this country right now. There is no way to know what the people you are voting for actual think. When is DrX running for office?

4 comments:

phishbone23 said...

I'm waiting for one of the candidates to call out Hillary's herpes problem....

kevthegreat said...

I watched the whole thing, and the only thing that was harder to watch than the debate was the post debate coverage where CNN tells us what to think. Yay! Now we don't even have to think for ourselves!

Scholander said...

It's not the politicians, it's the people. If people like you weren't watching CNN, they would die a hideous death and something better might replace it. Burn your TV!

kevthegreat said...

The debate questions may be completely innane and a majority of the answers are scripted, but it's still better than nothing. You can get some feel for a canidates views from these things. I just think it could be soooo much better. And the post debate coverage is completely and totally useless. I watched 5 minutes before I started yelling, and then changed the channel.

Subscribe!!!!